Finder's Quest #1: Solutions
- "Someone is one step ahead of me, but who and why?" Find this picture fast or leave and don't try.
- He's waving to you, gives a smile oh so big. You better wave back even though he's a pig.
- Headlight, whistle, vent, and gauge. A hat made of iron is all the rage.
- A car in the darkness. Two men dig in the ground. A cruel crime committed. A body not found.
- They dance and they sing. An amazing surprise. Ghosts of pirates many, soon shall arise.
- A skull, a skull, I certainly do spy. A single red ruby it has for an eye.
- He stares out the window. Is there something outside? Should he stay there and linger? Should he run away and hide?
- A hero. A man. A masked crusader at night. Electricity it arches as orbs burn painfully bright.
- Row row row your boat. Gently down the street.
- They circle around a campfire, telling stories at night. Tales of ghosts and of monsters and all things that fright.
- Hold on tight. You don't want to drown. If you let go. You sink deep deeply down.
- A black bandana wraps around flowing blonde hair. Her red lips, they smile. Her soft eyes show care.
- Two men. A villain. Some dynamite. A gun. New dreams. Old nightmares. A fight has begun.
- Black dress, black hair, red lipstick to astound. She looks at you calmly from an orange background.
- The moon shines through trees as she looks down in fear. To a ladder she clings and she holds back a tear.
- A town. A cart. A man. A mare. Two children look upon a sadly caged bear.
- They head into the jungle. Lights fade, setting sun. One points to the distance. An adventure begun.
- The director of NASA Lewis from 1961 to 1969. Hey look everybody, it’s Dr. Abe Silverstein.
- A polka dot dress, her hair nicely done. Don't mess with this young lady, she has a big gun.
- He's pointing and laughing, guess he got his wish. His buddy is now laying in a huge pile of fish.
- In pink shirt and shorts. In darkness she stands. Looking at two others. Her flashlight in hand.
- From the wispy smoke he rises. His skin a pale gray. A green cape is flowing. His eyes seem far away.
- A creepy old castle. A dark dreary night. To find the next picture, just follow his light.
- A black shirt. A skull. An awful brute sneer. He bullies all others and rules with cruel fear.
- You see candles, a skull, and ruins that glow. Hunched over a desk, soon magics he'll know.
- An 8 legged table. A map long forgot. A man, he is pointing. X marks the spot.
- Blue skies so calm. No rain and no showers. They sway back and forth. A collection of flowers.
- A beach. A boat. That no longer will float. A mysterious word. "Abenteuer"
- Two boys, two flashlights, one really big sneer. They are searching for something. Maybe it's near.
- » The Great Picture Search Final Solution
- » That Which Is Missing
- » The Angel In The Hallway
- » The Hacker
- » A Maze Trapped
- » Letter Cloud
- » Reflections In The Mirror
Sign Up Now: Newsletter and Free Games
Interested in knowing more about the newest art, design, games and other oddities that we'll be working on? Want to know what event we'll be popping up at next? How would you like to receive FREE GAMES from Steam Hat? Sign up for The Steam Hat Electronically Sent Letter Of News, Games & Oddities now and get all of this for the low low price of nothing. If you are curious of mind, then try on Steam Hat for yourself.
If you enjoyed playing any of these games, please consider leaving a DONATION. It would be highly appreciated and would allow us to continue to create more fun projects for everyone to enjoy.
Picture 1: T
Picture 2: H
Picture 3: E
Picture 4: Blank
Picture 5: H
Picture 6: A
Picture 7: T
Picture 8: Blank
Picture 9: H
Picture 10: O
Picture 11: L
Picture 12: D
Picture 13: S
Picture 14: Blank
Picture 15: M
Picture 16: A
Picture 17: N
Picture 18: Y
Picture 19: Blank
Picture 20: M
Picture 21: Y
Picture 22: S
Picture 23: T
Picture 24: E
Picture 25: R
Picture 26: I
Picture 27: E
Picture 28: S
Picture 29: !
The Great Picture Search
The solution to this puzzle is the sentence: "THE HAT HOLDS MANY MYSTERIES!"
That Which Is Missing
The solution to this puzzle are the following numbers.
Left Column: 3652, 6985, 1430
Right Column: 2541, 4763, 5874
They are all based off of 1430 being the first in the series of numbers. Change the number of each digit by the same number across to find the missing numbers of ANY on this card (ex. 1430 +2222 = 3652).
The Angel In The Hallway
The solution to this puzzle is the sentence: 8 men still standing in the hallway2 men in suits
+ 3 others waiting
- 1 man with cell phone device going into Room 213
+ 4 burley men from Room 217
- 1 man in suit running down stairs
- 1 burley pursuer running down stairs
- 2 burley men shot in hallway
+1 man with cell phone device coming from Room 213
+ 3 bodyguards
= 8 men still standing in the hallway
To read the story, your mind must figure out that: 3=E, 5=S, 7=T
After some practice, many people's minds can start to decipher this rather quickly.
So the story actually reads as:
She typed furiously, watching the lines of code fly by at a rate that was unreadable to most people. The old keyboard made high-pitched clicking noises as she slammed the keys down with the confident strokes of a highly experience hacker. She was almost in. She could feel it. Her mind felt like it was soaring at a breakneck speed as her fingers desperately tried to play catch-up. Almost there. Just a few more lines. A small message box suddenly appeared in the upper right of her screen. It was Krieger checking in on here as usual. “Hey CyberRose, you there?” He always had the worst timing. She decided to ignore it and tried to quicken her pace. A warning alert appeared, which made her laugh. With a quick series of keystrokes, it was gone and a list of folders and files started scrolling across the bottom half of her screen. “C’mon CyberRose, talk to me. It’s important.” She began clicking on folder names, one after the others. Deeper and deeper, she fell into the archive of data files that had recently been securely locked away from prying eyes. With a few more twitches of the index finger, she found what she was looking for. “I win,” she said as she smiled and started the copying process. “CyberRose! It’s really important. You have to get out of there. NOW! They know.” The loading bar moved slowly as gigs of data transferred onto her external hard drive. She could hear the door behind her open. Her typing abruptly stopped. “CyberRose? Are you there? CyberRose?”
A Maze Trapped
In order to get through the maze, you have to swap back and forth between the World 1 and World 2 on the same numbers.
The quickest route would be:WORLD 1: BEGIN to 5
WORLD 2: 5 to 9
WORLD 1: 9 to 13
WORLD 2: 13 to 16
WORLD 1: 16 to 17
WORLD 2: 17 to 14 to END
The solutions to this puzzle are the words: DISAPPEARING and SLEDGEHAMMER.
In order to solve it you must start with the first letter (in gray) then follow the instructions to get to the next letter in the word.
Reflections In The Mirror
The solution to this puzzle is to read the message backwards, like it was reflected in a mirror. Many people can actually start to read this fairly quickly after their minds adjust to the awkwardness of it.
So the story actually reads as:
He looked at himself in the mirror and grimaced. Today was definitely not a good hair day. With a large yawn, he stared closely at his blood-shot eyes. He wasn't a young man anymore. There was a time when he could stay up until 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning with no problem at all. That was then. This is now. Time slips by at warp speed and it doesn't even have the common decency to remind you to stop, look out the window, and enjoy the view from time to time. He could hear the alarm clock screaming at him again. It was a bit muffled and came from somewhere in his bedroom where he had thrown it after peeling himself off the pillow. With a groan, he splashed some water on his face, getting himself ready to stumble around in search of his evil clock nemesis. Before he had the chance to move out of the bathroom, the alarm suddenly fell silent. The lights in the bathroom flickered on and off, then went dark. And somewhere behind him, something in the mirror moved.